Welker will not face Chargers
Wes Welker suffers concussion
However, even if Welker were to be cleared for activity this week with that exam, the protocol would preclude him from playing in Thursday night’s game against the San Diego Chargers.
Following Sunday’s game, Broncos coach John Fox called Welker’s concussion “our only significant injury.”
With Welker having suffered two concussions in only four weeks' time, our highest hope should probaby be that he returns in time for the playoffs.
- Reported rumors related to the Broncos and free agency (Updated 3/10)
- Follow all of the Broncos' offseason moves (Updated 3/7)
- Track the Broncos' meetings and visits with prospects leading up to the 2014 NFL Draft
- Tracking Denver's trades and selections leading up to and during the 2014 NFL Draft
- Notes on Denver's pending free agents for the 2014 offseason
- Key dates facing the Broncos during the 2014 offseason (Updated 3/2/14)
- A look at Denver's 2014 opponents