Carolina Panthers should place call to Brian Xanders
Brian Xanders should be on their short-list of candidates. This is a guy who knows the inner front-office systems of three teams — the Atlanta Falcons, Broncos and New England Patriots (through his time with Josh McDaniels). Xanders has worked nearly NFL job, from coach to salary cap manager to talent evaluator to general manager…Panthers owner Jerry Richardson should give Xanders a call.
When considering any candidate for a position of power and influence, it's good to do your research. For example, how good will he be with the media? We suggest our Brian Xanders Random Quote Generator as a good starting place. Some of our favorite Xanders quotes of all time include the following:
- "It's a great opportunity for myself."
- "I have a vast background in football."
- "I don't want to go revisionist's history."
- "Mostly, I want fans to understand that the draft is vitally important to us on how we build this team into the future."
- "There was never a question that we wouldn't have him."
- "90% of my job now is watching tape."
- "We all get along together."
- "We are going to have our college scouts start cross-checking the players in February, instead of later in the process in January."
- "We researched their personal character and their football character…we never want the character grade to bleed into the football grade..."
Other "stuff," like Xanders's role in drafting Tim Tebow and whether Xanders really did prefer Clay Matthews to Robert Ayers are just minor things.