Steve Politi of the Star-Ledger gives some "advice" to the Boston media about covering what he calls the Tebow Hype Machine. Five coverage tips for his brethren in Beantown.
Make no mistake, he's not picking on Tim Tebow, but the media's insane coverage of all things Tebow. A little self-deprecation from New Jersey:
I know, I know. Right now, you’re probably thinking something crazy like "he’s a third-string quarterback, why would I waste my time covering him at all?" You’ll get over that. You’ll get sucked in like all of us down here did, becoming hopeless and happy slaves to the Tebow Hype Machine.
- "Take a strong stance right away...Brilliant. Or insanity. No room for nuance here. Pick one and dig in."
- "Everything he does is news."
- "Your best bet is to talk to other players, anonymously. Also, be sure to grill coach Bill Belichick about him every single day."
- "Don’t let things like 'facts' get in your way of wild speculation about what the organization might do with their newest asset."
- "This will not end well. Be ready."
And when all else fails, there's always the route taken by Andrew Sharp.