As we head into the second and third rounds of the 2014 NFL Draft, here's what's happening:
- Having moved up for Sammy Watkins, Buffalo dealt Stevie Johnson to San Francisco for a conditional 2015 fourth-rounder.
- Rather than trade for New England's Ryan Mallett, the latest rumors have Houston taking Eastern Illinois QB Jimmy Garoppolo at #33.
- But Jason La Canfora still thinks a Mallett trade is possible, especially if New England takes Tom Savage.
- Washington is apparently shopping the #34 pick around.
- Who might be looking to move up? Dallas, apparently.
- Why did Denver and others pass on Marqise Lee? Tony Pauline says teams are concerned about his injured knee.
- Cleveland wideout Josh Gordon is reportedly facing a one-year ban over a failed drug test.
According to Deadspin, only seven draftees hugged Roger Goodell longer than did Denver's Bradley Roby.
In their second-round mocks, Andrew Mason has Denver taking Wisconsin linebacker Chris Borland, while Don Banks has them taking Stanford guard David Yankey. Other mocks have Denver getting Kevin Norwood, Jarvis Landry, Donte Moncrief, Gabe Jackson, or Scott Crichton.
We'll add other links periodically...