Manning to Broncos...more coming on Espn— Chris Mortensen (@mortreport) March 19, 2012
Well, of course you do. In honor of one of the Broncos' greatest off-field moments, let's take a trip down memory lane:
- The Denver Post headline writers waffle on whether Broncos will pursue Manning
- Hours later, former DP beat writer Adam Schefter sets the record straight, confirming that Denver is in on the QB.
- Seemingly the entire DP staff declares Denver has no chance of landing Peyton. We disagree, emphatically.
- Vic Lombardi hears the Broncos will trade the Ultimate Teammate™ if they're able to land PMFM. Reaction is as expected.
- News helicopters chase the white van thought to be carrying Manning, John Elway, and John Fox to Dove Valley, calling to mind the notorious O.J. Simpson saga, and prompting the entire Twittersphere to joke about white Broncos.
- Ted explains why the Broncos and Manning are a perfect fit.
- Lombardi famously (well, in this realm) declares the Broncos are 95% confident they'll land Peyton, but an avalanche of denials forces him to backtrack.
- That wasn't a dream, and Peyton Manning has chosen the Broncos.
- TJ and I live-blog the introductory presser; the rest of the internet reacts.
- Still giddy, we recap the prior day's surreality.
- In John Elway and Manning, Doc sees two old cowboys teaming up for one last, grand ride.
March 24 and on
- Ted introduces us to the Manning Offense, in six parts: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6
Happy Anniversary, Broncos fans! And of course, Thank You, John Elway.