Coming tonight: we're moving our comments over to Disqus.
It means having an IAOFM membership is no longer required to post here. An account at any major site (or Disqus, which I'll recommend) will be necessary.
Why change? Features, features, features.
Update after the jump
- We'll have a level of threaded comments, making replies a little neater.
- All comments will appear on one page. If there are many you can click on display more and they'll load right there.
- You can like/flag comments. Give a quick pat on the back to another reader, and help us catch spammers.
- Email notifications will include the ability to reply.
- Mobile commenting should be much easier.
- Real-time updating. I know this will be big on gameday open threads. It will not be on by default, but one click and no refreshing will be necessary.
Why ditch the IAOFM accounts? Well, we're not really ditching them, just putting them on hiatus. We had other plans to use the memberships here, but like everything in life, plans change.
No current comments will be lost. They will all be moved over to Disqus. If you want to claim yours, I'd suggest signing up for a Disqus account. If you use the same email there that you used here, Disqus will recognize that and offer to bring them into your account.
During the move I will be shutting off commenting here. I estimate an hour of comment silence before the new system is going.
If anyone needs help commenting,
please leave a comment here email us.
Update: As I commented, it's complete. Formatting and special characters could have gone a little better, but hey, here's to looking forward.
One other thing to note: comment counts may be a little off for the next day or so. We have some things running in the background to sync everything back up. Syncing up your own comments may take a little while to show up, too, but it'll go.
Again, if anyone has any issues, please email us.
Second update: Some posts have comments that all have the same time. That means they'll be potentially out of order. That was total human error, sorry about that.