It doesn't quite make up for the loss of Ryan Clady for the season, but Denver received welcome news with Thursday's limited return to practice by Champ Bailey (foot) and Joel Dreessen (knee).
Duke Ihenacho (shoulder) was also limited, although he's said he fully expects to play on Monday night against Oakland. Six other Broncos are listed on the injury report but were full participants Thursday.
Chris Kuper and C.J. Anderson were full participants for the first time this season. Denver doesn't figure to activate all four of its running backs on Monday, so it will be interesting to see which of Anderson and Ronnie Hillman dress for the game.
The newest Bronco, tackle Winston Justice, practiced with the team for the first time on Thursday.
Wes Welker will replace Clady as a team captain.
For Oakland, four players did not practice: S Tyvon Branch (ankle), T Menelik Watson (knee), G Lucas Nix (ankle), and TE David Ausberry (shoulder). None of them are expected to play.
LB Kevin Burnett (illness) left practice early.
- Videos: BTV on Thursday's practice; John Fox, Peyton Manning, and several others speak afterward
- Here are highlights of John Elway's latest podcast
- Chris Clark will be tasked with stopping DE Lamarr Houston, who has been quite productive from shifting from the defensive left to right
- Jeff Legwold thinks it's been a really long time since Broncos/Raiders have been a strong on-field rivalry
- Raiders QB Terrelle Pryor hopes not to fall into the trap of trying to match Peyton Manning throw for throw
- Oakland's defense hasn't forced a turnover yet this season
- A shaky start in the kicking game has QB Matt Flynn taking practice reps as Sebastian Janikowski's holder